From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] We are finally shutting down CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:30:25
1 On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 12:42 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 2020-12-27 at 00:55 +0000, Max Magorsch wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > >
6 > > as a quick note: We are finally shutting down all old cvs services.
7 > > Accordingly the old viewvc repository browser will be shut down as
8 > > well.
9 > >
10 > > To access the old repositories you can use gitweb.gentoo.org instead.
11 > > We have migrated all old cvs repositories to git. All of them are
12 > > available read-only now at [0].
13 >
14 > Are we keeping the original CVS archives too, for potential better
15 > conversions in the future?
16
17 We don't plan on deleting any data, and we have not deleted any data
18 to date. Most historical data is kept in Amazon S3 and on a
19 Gentoo-owned machine somewhere.
20
21 -A
24 > --