From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Graphics Project disbanded [pkgs up for grabs]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 23:22:35
1 200607 Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > I think this is the list of completely unmaintained packages now,
3 > indeed most of them, around 100.
4
5 -- extract from list --
6
7 > media-gfx/imagemagick : 200516
8 > media-libs/giflib : 200312
9 > media-libs/libjpeg-turbo : 200328
10 > media-libs/openjpeg : 200328
11 > virtual/jpeg : 200606
12
13 There have been upgrades of all these in recent months :
14 dates when I upgraded on my desktop system are added (the last yesterday).
15 Surely, that means someone is maintaining them.
16 Perhaps the culprits could own up (smile).
17
18 As a long-time user, I find it disturbing
19 that a huge list of packages should suddenly be declared unmaintained,
20 esp as some of them -- eg above -- are likely needed by most users.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatcadotinterdotnet