From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gstreamer eclass review
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:08:16
1 Hi list,
2
3 gstreamer-1 has been around for some time now and it is needed for gnome
4 3.6 to enter the tree. Since gstreamer devs have been a bit busy irl, a
5 few guys from gnome herd decided to take a look at it and try to bump
6 everything. I had an itch to scratch wrt current eclass writing so I
7 decided to start with that and bump all plugins using these new eclasses
8 to see how they fare. The results seems to be a lot more pleasant to
9 read and easier to understand.
10
11 Since this is basically a rewrite, I'll attach the full files for review
12 and three ebuilds using it (one regular plugin, one plugin linking to
13 installed gstreamer libs and one of the ebuilds with no external
14 dependency.
15
16 The goal of these new eclasses is mainly to drop all revision dependent
17 code while maintaining (to some extent) backward compatibility with 0.10
18 slot ebuilds.
19
20 We are currently not planning on dropping the mostly empty eclasses just
21 in case there is a need for pack specific changes in the future.
22
23 The eclasses were already overlooked by gstreamer herd but I'd like more
24 eyes to go over them beforing pushing this to the tree.
25
26 Since this is mostly privates eclasses, I'd like to proceed to tree
27 inclusion by next week. There should be little to no breakage and this
28 would help bump last 0.10 releases as well.
31 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
32 Gentoo

gst-plugins10.eclass text/plain
gst-plugins-bad.eclass text/plain
gst-plugins-base.eclass text/plain
gst-plugins-good.eclass text/plain
gst-plugins-ugly.eclass text/plain
gst-plugins-libvisual-1.0.2.ebuild text/plain
gst-plugins-flac-1.0.2.ebuild text/plain
gst-plugins-ugly-1.0.2.ebuild text/plain