From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/openrc - no-symlink profiles leading to breakage
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:40:08
1 В Вск, 18/01/2009 в 00:52 +0100, Friedrich Oslage пишет:
2 > Robin H. Johnson schrieb:
3 > > I'm raising this as an extension of bug 253076, but also because I see
4 > > the potential for danger.
5
6 > > As a long term solution, can we just consume an inode and have some file
7 > > like /etc/baselayout2?
8
9 What package will install this file? Also is it possible to save openrc
10 ${PVR} inside this file? Version is required to introduce workarounds in
11 reliable way for openrc versions which does not work with openvz startup
12 scripts. Also why not call this files /etc/*openrc*?
13
14 > > To date, for an init script that has baselayout2-specific behavior, we
15 > > have had some variant of [ -e /lib/librc.so ] in the init script.
16 > >
17 > Why not teach /sbin/runscript it's own version?
18
19 In some cases this will break with openvz. openvz container (CT)
20 start/stop scripts need to check openrc existence inside container and
21 depending on that generate either openrc or baselayout-1 configuration
22 files. This start/stop scripts work in host node (HN) environment and
23 since it's possible to have different versions of everything (e.g. libc)
24 in HN and CT /sbin/runscript will not work in some cases and thus break
25 networking and other things for CT.
28 Peter.