From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sandbox violation "emerge --usepkg app-editors/vim
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 06:24:07
1 On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:54:39 -0500
2 "PAD HOSMANE" <phosmane@×××××××××××××××.gov> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > I am building new gentoo linux server. I get this error message when i
6 > run"emerge --usepkg app-editors/vim"
7 >
8 > --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY --------------
9 > LOG FILE ="/tmp/sandbox-vim-6.0.r5-32717.log"
10 >
11 > Chmod: /dev/vc/1
12 > chmod: /dev/vc/1
13 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------
14
15 If VIM is being built from sources (ie, no vim pre-built package is
16 available), then this is a nasty bug in the vim build system.
17
18 If, however, this is a pre-built package that is being installed, it's a
19 nasty bug in Portage.
20
21 In either case, please submit a bug report about it on: bugs.gentoo.org
24 Kind regards,
25
26 Karl T