From: Einar Karttunen <ekarttun@×××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Multiple categories for one ebuild
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:57:03
1 On 07.02.02 15:37 +0100(+0000), Maciek Borowka wrote:
2 > Yes, I wrote about this problem some time ago...
3 > As a KDE user, I would like to have a kde-apps category with everything
4 > gentoo offers for KDE...
5 >
6 > I believe it could be solved with symbolic links in the portage tree...
7
8 We would have to change /var/db/pkg organisation for that. The other
9 choice would be to add category files, which would contain the names
10 of packages the category includes. Also symbolinc links don't offer
11 the possiblity of sub-categories and are harder to manage in cvs.
12
13 - Einar Karttunen