From: Dewet Diener <gentoo@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RPM installer for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:30:49
1 On Tuesday 26 August 2003 21:16, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > I mean a program that will parse the RPMs dependencies
3 > and then use portage to try and satisfy those dependencies, write a
4 > dummy ebuild, then use portage to install it.
5
6 Much like g-cpan.pl? Sounds like a good idea -- the biggest problem
7 that I can imagine is different naming conventions: RedHat / Mdk
8 already use (sorta) differing schemes to name packages -- how would
9 one go about 'translating' this to category/ebuild names?
10
11 Dewet
14 Dewet Diener <gentoo@×××××.org> http://dewet.org
15 Professional Student, avid Gentoo user :)
16 Stellenbosch, South Africa (33º 55" 58.80'S 18º 51" 00.00'E)
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list