From: Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] custom portage sections?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:06:22
1 I believe you'll need to add your category to:
2 /usr/portage/profiles/categories
3
4 zach
5
6 Jean-Michel Smith wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I am trying to create custom portage sections to hold ebuilds for in-house
10 > software, e.g. /usr/portage/kcco-libs, /usr/portage/kcco-apps, etc.).
11 > Unfortunately emerge doesn't seem to be able to find any ebuilds located in
12 > these directories (though if I move them to one of the already existing
13 > directories they work fine).
14 >
15 > Is there a trick I'm missing in adding a custom section to the portage tree,
16 > or is this hardcoded into the portage utilities somewhere?
17 >
18 > tia,
19 >
20 > Jean.