From: splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo gets an itanium box
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 05:56:27
1 On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:51:44AM -0500, splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 06:02:52PM -0400, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > OSU is giving us (use of) an itanium box. Do we have any efforts underway
4 > > to port to the itanium? If not, does someone want to start one?
5 >
6 > I have Gentoo running on a cluster of six HP (sorry, I mean "hp") rx2600s.
7 > The devs are waiting for me to put together a stage1 tarball, but I've been
8 > too busy with work. Hopefully, I'll have some time in the coming week.
9
10 Just an update. I have a rough stage1 tarball and am running bootstrap.sh
11 under it right now. It's working okay so far.
12
13 I still need to make an elilo ebuild (unless someone else has one already)
14 and bring my other IA64 ebuilds up to date with the current stable versions.
15
16 With any luck, I'll have a "real" stage1 by tomorrow. A bootable ISO is
17 still a ways off, but one could probably bootstrap from a Debian disc.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list