From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stable sys-devel/gcc USE flag changes WAS: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: ChangeLog toolchain.eclass
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 02:10:31
1 On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:20:53 +0100
2 Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi folks,
5 >
6 > this commit changes the set of USE flags on the just stabled gcc-4.6,
7 > running a huge number into an rebuild of an freshly updated package.
8 > (emerge --newuse recaclulates from "go disabled" to "go missing")
9
10 Eh? I thought it stopped doing that. My bad.
11
12 > Wouldn't it be possible to
13 > a) refrain from this change (really, who has USE=go turned on?)
14
15 apparently none of the arch testers. :p
16
17 > b) handle this with package.use.mask,
18 > c) figure it out before stabilization
19
20 d) just rebuild the package and go on with your life
24 gcc-porting
25 toolchain, wxwidgets learn a language baby, it's that kind of place
26 @ gentoo.org where low card is hunger and high card is taste