From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:35:38
1 On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:11:53 -0400
2 Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > There is a new version of the script up. It should have improved scsi
5 > detection and it also prints out a copy of fdisk's detection (if run as
6 > root and fdisk is installed). Hopefully the two should be the same.
7 >
8 > Nathaniel
11 > --
12 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
15 It still doesn't detect any of my 18 scsi disks :)
18 hulk root # ./detect_devices.py
19 Your devices are detected by this script as:
20 Non running as root, skipping fdisk detection...
21
22 Compare the two lists above with your real system devices (not partitions).
23 Ideally, the two lists should be the same. If the lists are missing any
24 devices or have extra devices, please email me a copy of the output of this
25 and of 'cat /proc/partitions' to my address npmccallum@g.o
26
27 hulk root #
31 Guy Martin
32 Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead / IPv6 team
33 Lug Charleroi (Belgium)