From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's problems
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 02:59:05
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:45:01 +0100 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > QA is supposed to avoid fixing other people's code where things are
5 > > actively maintained.
6 >
7 > I usually ask before messing with other's stuff but if I find
8 > something wrong I rather fix it myself while I'm at it (and I'm quite
9 > happy if people does the same for my stuff).
10 >
11 > in the genstef vs hansmi example if hansmi just asked genstef if he
12 > mind if he just change the masking to the proper one and just commit
13 > the local fix he had in place to make paludis happy probably won't be
14 > much to argue.
15
16 Paludis had nothing to do with that. It was a Portage change that
17 required the update.
20 Ciaran McCreesh
21 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
22 Web : http://ciaranm.org/