From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:33:09
1 On 17.6.2010 18.20, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 17 June 2010 17:45, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3 >> We communicate in English but that doesn't mean we all the same cultural
4 >> background. My native language doesn't do small talk and doesn't have a
5 >> word for please.
6 >
7 > I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. Unless Finnish is not your
8 > native language. One of my Finnish friends (we've since lost touch)
9 > was one of the most chatty persons I've ever known. He may have been
10 > uncharacteristic for a Finn, but even so. Ole hyvä, don't blame it on
11 > your language.
14 Ole hyvä is not something you would use when ordering a beer:
15 English: A beer, please.
16 Finnish: Yksi olut.
17
18 I didn't say Finns are not chatty. Among friends Finns can be very
19 chatty. Do you consider Finnish communication the same as in US?
22 > That's not a list meant for discussion. I think Sebastian made the
23 > right call here.
26 Under current rules you cross post with gentoo-dev-announce to
27 gentoo-project and set Reply-To to gentoo-project. That is what I have
28 been teaching all new recruits and will continue to do so until we
29 change the rules (I am not against changing the rules if most people
30 feel gentoo-project is not useful any more).
31
32 Regards,
33 Petteri