From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:33:09
On 17.6.2010 18.20, Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 17 June 2010 17:45, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote: >> We communicate in English but that doesn't mean we all the same cultural >> background. My native language doesn't do small talk and doesn't have a >> word for please. > > I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. Unless Finnish is not your > native language. One of my Finnish friends (we've since lost touch) > was one of the most chatty persons I've ever known. He may have been > uncharacteristic for a Finn, but even so. Ole hyvä, don't blame it on > your language. >
Ole hyvä is not something you would use when ordering a beer: English: A beer, please. Finnish: Yksi olut. I didn't say Finns are not chatty. Among friends Finns can be very chatty. Do you consider Finnish communication the same as in US?
> > That's not a list meant for discussion. I think Sebastian made the > right call here. >
Under current rules you cross post with gentoo-dev-announce to gentoo-project and set Reply-To to gentoo-project. That is what I have been teaching all new recruits and will continue to do so until we change the rules (I am not against changing the rules if most people feel gentoo-project is not useful any more). Regards, Petteri