From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc stabilization update
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:06:40
1 On 20.09.2010 16:37, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > One argument I've heard against newnet is that you can't bring
3 > individual interfaces up and down.
4
5 openrc[newnet] used to have problems with ppp interfaces. I do not know
6 if it is still the case but there are some open bugs on bugzilla.g.o
7 regarding ppp and openrc.
8
9 This is a serious show stopper for newnet. So, either 1. both oldnet
10 and newnet or 2. oldnet only would be the prudent alternatives (again,
11 assuming problems with newnet and ppp exist).
14 Eray