From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why autoconf in system?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:46:03
1 On Monday 12 September 2005 08:26 am, Frank Schafer wrote:
2 > we meet often the (faulty) notion that autoconf/automake (even a couple
3 > of versions on gentoo) is a dependency for packages.
4
5 not quite sure what you mean by 'faulty', autoconf/automake is used heavily
6 throughout portage
7
8 > I'd suggest to remove the build of autoconf/automake from ``emerge
9 > system''. I'd leave all of the autoconf/automake versions in portage
10 > tough for the case someone wants to involve in development of some
11 > package.
12
13 it wouldnt matter, coreutils for example would still need it which means it
14 would show up in `emerge system`
15 -mike
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list