From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gentoo-x86 migration to repo-per-package
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:43:23
1 Am Samstag 06 August 2011, 23:57:13 schrieb Fabio Erculiani:
2 > I really love the idea of being able to atomically push updates across
3 > multiple CPVs.
4 > This is also what KDE, GNOME, and many other teams are waiting for.
5 > Having multiple repos means no atomicity and at this point, I would
6 > rather prefer CVS (omg!).
7
8 Exactly. This is why I would also vote for a single tree and single modern vcs.
9
10 In addition, I would like to propose that we keep the number of required "home-made addons and scripts" to a minimum. As long as we have straight cvs or straight git, every tool developed for these systems just works. As soon as we start assembling our tree with a huge self-made infrastructure, we're all confined to our own tools for every operation that steps over the newly created repository limits.
14 Andreas K. Huettel
15 Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
16 dilfridge@g.o
17 http://www.akhuettel.de/