From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:15:38
1 On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 16:38 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:44:37 +0000 George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
4 > > wrote:
5 > >
6 > > You miss the point. This was not the first time a resignation stunt had
7 > > been pulled by that developer, and previously another developer had
8 > > been strongly warned about resigning for publicity.
11 > Then deal with the situation in ways i have already said in about 5
12 > other emails to the list
13
14 George, then let's just say your point has been made. Repeating it only
15 adds to the noise.
16
17 As for the rest of it, the prior resignation was not actually a stunt.
18 This is again the sort of thing I referred to on this list and in my
19 blog last week about vague half-truths in order to level accusations.
20
21 Diego was intent on leaving the last time he tried to resign. It was I
22 who brought him back. That's how *I* deal with departing devs: I try
23 and talk them into cooling down and reconsidering a rash decision.
24
25 As for the whole idea of "blackmail", it's frankly a little ridiculous
26 that everyone's latched on this vague notion of blackmail without
27 actually caring to look under the hood of what that was symptomatic of:
28 viz. the repeated (public and archived) attacks. That's not to say
29 Diego is faultless. Far from it: he should have handled himself in a lot
30 better way than he did. That, however, does not preclude or excuse
31 Stephen's role in the mess, nor does it negate his bad behaviour.
32
33 Now, can everyone please knock it off with the bad behaviour of their
34 own on this list.
37 Thanks,
38
39 Seemant