From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Contributed ebuilds and copyright questions
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:52:43
1 On Monday, October 24, 2016 3:29:30 PM EDT Matt Turner wrote:
2 > A former co-worker of mine is now at Google and wants to contribute
3 > ebuilds he wrote for ChromeOS to Gentoo. They add packages necessary
4 > for Vulkan (new 3D graphics API).
5 >
6 > For instance:
7 > https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/chromiumos-overlay/+/
8 > master/media-libs/vulkan-loader/vulkan-loader-1.0.24.0.ebuild
9 >
10 > The copyright header says "Copyright 2016 The Chromium OS Authors. All
11 > rights reserved." All ebuilds in gentoo.git say "Copyright 1999-20xx
12 > Gentoo Foundation".
13 >
14 > Can I add ebuilds copyrighted by others to gentoo.git?
15
16 For the time being since there is not another way to address. I have been
17 going with the following. Which should suffice for now, but could clutter up
18 ebuilds if it happens to allot. At the same time it should reflect origin
19 somewhere, and not sure buried VC commit log is enough.
20
21 # Copyright 1999-2016 Gentoo Foundation
22 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
23 # $Id$
24 #
25 # Original work Copyright 2016 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
26 # Ebuild written by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××.com>
27 # <link to ebuild in this repo>
28
29 Per my readme
30 https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo
31
32 It was inspired by from source icedtea ebuilds. I can't recall where I saw the
33 original work but got it from some where.
36 William L. Thomson Jr.