From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Establishing Gentoo patch policy to keep our patches consistent and clean
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 13:43:50
1 On 7/04/2013 04:22, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On 6 April 2013 19:08, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> ...
6 >> What are your thoughts?
7 >
8 > Maybe it is time to setup a patch tracking system like Debian[1]?
9 >
10 > Sometimes it is really hard to understand what patches are applied by
11 > an ebuild (especially when all the
12 > build process is handled by an eclass) and/or when people keep a
13 > separate .tar.* with all the patches. Debian
14 > makes is so much easier to see what patches each package contains.
15 >
16 > [1]http://patch-tracker.debian.org/
17 >
18 > --
19 > Regards,
20 > Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
21 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang
25 I have always found Debian's patch tracker very useful, I would
26 definitely support us implementing something similar.