From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summary for 10 July 2008
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:49:38
1 В Вск, 13/07/2008 в 23:52 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh пишет:
2 > Which part of the 'Problem' section in the GLEP didn't you understand?
3 > Do you seriously consider not being able to add or change global scope
4 > functions in future EAPIs to be a non-issue, or were you ignoring those
5 > two bullet points?
6
7 I've read all previous discussions but still miss answer to the
8 question: Why is it impossible to state that .ebuild extension is for
9 bash based ebuild make package manager get and filter EAPIs based on
10 EAPI variable?
11
12 Note, I assume that we can do not backward-compatible changes in PM, we
13 just need to wait enough time to start using it. But taking into account
14 that the features that will make use of this GLEP55 are still not so
15 evident I don't see any problem to wait. In any case I'd like to
16 understand why should we start support this hell of extensions.
19 Peter.