From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:56:29
1 On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 17:48 +0100, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
2 > On 3/13/08, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I'm a distro builder, too, and I haven't been hitting any of these
4 > > problems. Would you care to point out the actual problems, or will the
5 > > "close to useless" comment be our only indication of the perceived
6 > > problems?
7
8 > Yeah, but IIRC you are a SOURCE distro builder. Arent't you? (I am just asking!)
9
10 No. I build binary packages. Hell, catalyst uses the binary package
11 support *heavily* for its caching.
12
13 Do people really think that a pre-compiled stage tarball is source? How
14 about a pre-compiled LiveCD? Anyone?
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Games Developer