From: "T.J.R. Woudenberg" <tristan@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] listing 40
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:24:44
1 Hi there,
2
3 I have a comment about listing 40 in your Gentoo Linux 1.2 Installation
4 Instructions for the x86; in listing 40 you provide a sample grub.lst, I
5 think you made an error there (read: the grub.lst won't work on my computer)
6 because you refer to (hd0,0)/boot/ 2 times in that grub.lst. In my boot
7 partition there's no boot dir, there's only a mount point in my /etc/fstab
8 called boot but grub isn't supposed to know that. Is it my mistake, do you
9 have to make a boot dir in your boot partition and mount the disk later on
10 in your / dir, or is there a typo in listing 40? Anyway I changed the 2
11 lines with the reference to the boot dir:
12
13 splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz -->
14 splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
15
16 kernel /boot/bzImage --> kernel /bzImage
17
18 Kind regards and keep up the good work on a great Linux distro,
19
20 Tristan Woudenberg