From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] browserplugin vs. nsplugin
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:39:30
1 On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:52:05PM +0200, dju` wrote:
2 > Probably a silly question, but why choose nsplugin over browserplugin?
3 > Aren't there any package that might provide plugins for
4 > non-netscape-based browsers?
5
6 Yes, that's the exact reason for chosing nsplugin over browserplugin:
7 the latter is too general and doesn't allow the user to say "I want to
8 enable netscape-compatible brower plug-ins, but not browser $foo
9 plug-ins."
10
11 I'm all for the browserplugin => nsplugin change.
12
13 Regards,
14 Brix
15 --
16 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
17 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd