From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for changes for the next EAPI version
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 16:05:25
1 On 17 May 2016 at 08:34, Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de> wrote:
4 > Automated post-merge tests sound kinda dangerous to me. And I don't
5 > think there's any stipulation about src_test() only running
6 > upstream-provided test suites. IMHO, src_test() would be a good place
7 > for most of the maintainter-provided tests you have in mind.
10 The idea of this project is not for a typical Gentoo user to run this
11 post-merge test, but for an automated arch-tester bot to run them in
12 batch jobs. The result of which would be an update of the ebuild to
13 stable.
14 Basically CI for ebuilds: it could be implemented as a script living
15 in the package directory, something like a .travis.yml in the GitHub
16 repositories or may be an EAPI change. Debian has a similar project
17 [1]. Upstream could provide CI tests and sometimes they do, but we
18 want to make sure the package integrates well in an installed Gentoo
19 distribution.
20
21 [1] https://ci.debian.net/doc/
22