From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for May
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:03:18
1 (I'll Try again, from correct email address)
2
3 On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 05:30 +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically
5 > the 2nd Thursday at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel
6 > (#gentoo-council @ irc.freenode.net) !
7 >
8 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
9 > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
10 > Gentoo dev list to see.
11 >
12 Just to summarize, for purposes of informing everyone of something I've
13 already requested.
14
15 Recently we retired 3 developers, the devrel project was not involved as
16 a group except for the lead, and apparently the developers did not know
17 anyone was looking at complaints filed against them. I'd like Council
18 (1) to explain its role in this, if any, (2) explain why it permits such
19 actions in apparent violation of Gentoo's policy of openness, (3) and
20 since there seems to be some confusion (on my part at least) how to
21 interpret Council's role in any appeal IF (I don't really know) Council
22 played a part in the disciplinary action, please amend Council's
23 enabling document GLEP 39 to explain how Council handles appeals and
24 whether or not Council can take or direct disciplinary action in light
25 of this absolute requirement.
26
27 Since this is a general mailing list and some of you might not know what
28 I'm talking about, this is GLEP 39 and as such it helps define Gentoo
29 policy and procedure.
30 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0039.html
34 > Keep in mind that every GLEP *re*submission to the council for review
35 > must first be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list 7 days (minimum)
36 > before being submitted as an agenda item which itself occurs 7 days
37 > before the meeting. Simply put, the gentoo-dev mailing list must be
38 > notified at least 14 days before the meeting itself.
39 >
40 > For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
41 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
42
43 Regards,
44 Ferris
45 --
46 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
47 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)