From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [discussion] GitHub eclass
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:20:03
1 Rich Freeman posted on Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:09:32 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> You can also use git-2 eclass-specific variables to switch the repo.
6 >> The only difference is that you need to specify the full repo URI
7 >> rather than just the author.
8 >
9 > The full repo URI is actually copy-pastable from github, while breaking
10 > everything up requires a few steps to configure it all.
11 >
12 > I could see some value in being able to switch forks, but that seems
13 > like a bit of a niche. If you REALLY want to follow another fork you're
14 > better off creating a new ebuild rather than just overriding the
15 > environment variable. You can also override the repo URI if it uses the
16 > git eclass and again that can be copy/pasted.
19 I I'm involved with pan upstream, I keep a slightly rewritten copy of the
20 net-nntp/pan-9999 ebuild in my overlay, synced to the one in the tree.
21 The main difference between it and the tree version is that my version
22 has:
23
24 [[ $EGIT_PROJECT ]] || EGIT_PROJECT="${PN}2"
25 [[ $EGIT_REPO_URI ]] || EGIT_REPO_URI="git://git.gnome.org/
26 ${EGIT_PROJECT}"
27 [[ $EGIT_BRANCH ]] || EGIT_BRANCH=master
28 [[ $EGIT_COMMIT ]] || EGIT_COMMIT=$EGIT_BRANCH
29
30 That allows me to keep an /etc/portage/env/net-nntp/pan file where I can
31 set those as I wish, as well as keep (normally commented) vars such as
32 EGIT_COMMIT, EGIT_OFFLINE, etc.
33
34 =:^)
39 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman