From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [EAPI 8 RFC] Selective fetch/mirror (un-)restriction
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 09:20:29
1 Dnia December 16, 2019 1:16:12 PM UTC, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >
4 >> Proposed solution
5 >> =================
6 >> The current proposal is based on extending the current URI syntax to
7 >> permit excluding individual files from the restriction. The idea is
9 >> prepend 'fetch+' to protocol to undo fetch restriction, or to prepend
10 >> 'mirror+' to undo fetch & mirror restrictions.
11 >
12 >> Example 1: removing mirror restriction from files
13 >
14 >> RESTRICT="mirror"
15 >> SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-mirror-this.tar.bz2
16 >> mirror+https://example.com/but-you-can-mirror-this.tar.gz"
17 >
18 >> Example 2: removing fetch & mirror restriction from files
19 >
20 >> RESTRICT="fetch"
21 >> SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-fetch-this.zip
22 >> mirror+https://example.com/but-you-can-mirror-this.tar.gz"
23 >
24 >> Example 3: removing fetch restriction while leaving mirror
25 >restriction
26 >
27 >> RESTRICT="fetch"
28 >> SRC_URI="https://example.com/you-cant-fetch-this.zip
29 >> fetch+https://example.com/you-cant-mirror-this.tar.bz2"
30 >
31 >Looks good, but what is slightly confusing is that it doesn't map
32 >one-to-one to the RESTRICT tokens:
33 >
34 >- RESTRICT="mirror" enables mirror restriction, and it is undone by
35 > "mirror+", as expected.
36 >
37 >- RESTRICT="fetch" enables both fetch and mirror restriction, but it is
38 > undone by "mirror+" as well, not by "fetch+" (which disables only
39 > fetch restriction).
40 >
41 >I had already asked this in bug 371413 [1], but is there an actual
42 >usage
43 >case for example 3? Because if there isn't, we might get away with only
44 >supporting "mirror+", which should be less error prone.
45
46 Actually, what about the original example provided by Vadim? It's a game + translations, all rights reserved. We can't mirror them but we can fetch them.
49 >Ulrich
50 >
51 >> [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/371413
55 Best regards,