From: Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for review: teTeX deprecation
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 00:24:22
1 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> writes:
2 > Well, I'd thought that last rites plus the message in package.mask
3 > were enough (it also mentions the URL of the migration guide).
4 > But of course it cannot harm to have a news item in addition.
5
6 Users don't follow gentoo-dev to see last-rites.
7
8 For whatever reason, I didn't see the package.mask entry when upgrading
9 after freshly sync'ing only a couple of hours ago.
10
11 Ideally, the news entry would be out well before the mask, to provide
12 even more lead time to upgrade and ferret out problems. if only because
13 package masks show up so insistently and ugly.
16 ...jsled
17 http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}