From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] question regarding inherit
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:02:47
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Friday 04 June 2004 02:08, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >
4 >>>Instead of calling bash to parse ebuilds, I wrote a subroutine that
5 >>>does bash-style variable interpolation with the ebuilds. It doesn't
6 >>>take 'inherit' into account, but that could be fixed easily enough.
7 >
8 > The biggest problem I see with this code is that it does not actually
9 > understand bash syntax. As such it could fail on valid bash scripts that
10 > it should not fail on.
11
12 Support for other constructs used in ebuilds could be added easily enough.
15 Andrew Gaffney
16 Network Administrator
17 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
18 636-357-1548