From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:51:22
1 On Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:59, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:37:35 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | I couldn't find anything in the "default-linux/x86" profile. Could
6 > | you perhaps point something out for me. I realise that there is a lot
7 > | of *ebuild* specific stuff there. That has more to do with what an
8 > | ebuild is than what portage does though.
9 >
10 > Look in base/packages:
11 >
12 > *>=sys-apps/portage-2.0.51.22
13 > *dev-lang/python
14
15 I don't see how having these installed is a problem for paludis. While indeed
16 these are not needed for another package manager, they do not create problems
17 for this package manager.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze