From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:11:54
1 Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 09:32:32AM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> The only problem is that it lists him as contactable by
4 >> "nickname@g.o" aka ciaran@g.o which is false.
5 >
6 > Also the whole section is called "Developers", not "people who once
7 > contributed but aren't developers any more or eventually they are,
8 > well you never know for sure, just send an email and see if it
9 > bounces". ;-)
10 >
11 >> I've actually wondered about this as well since I've been in projects as
12 >> a non-dev and Treecleaners has non-devs. Can we get some kind of
13 >> modification to the <dev> tag for non-gentoo contributors?
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/
16 > Looks like a perfect example how to solve it to me - one section
17 > listing the developers and one for contributors who aren't.
18 >
19 > cheers,
20 > Wernfried
23 Damn you for using my project page against me! :P Phreak wrote that
24 part actually ;) I was hoping for a more graceful solution than
25 separate sections. At least with regards to cleaners, there are no
26 "better" people because they are developers. Only "people with commit
27 access to fix stuff" and "people who don't have commit access." is
28 really the only (useful) distinction.
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list