From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla package
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:56:57
1 On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 01:49:09PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2 :
3 : Btw, I've been able to compile and merge mozilla, but only been able
4 : to run it as root. When I try to run it as a user, I always get a
5 : segfault immediately after it starts. I know this isn't specific to
6 : gentoo, because I had the same problem on my homegrown system, and
7 : I've found usenet messages on usenet with users describing the same
8 : problem on other distros (such as debian). I found a couple messages
9 : saying the problem was something to do w/ an incompatible libstdc++,
10 : but I doubt thats the problem, because I *can* still run it as root
11 : w/o problems. Does anyone else here have this problem?
12
13 Same here. I've heard rumblings that you need to basically have one
14 mozilla installation per user. Can't keep things straight if ~/.mozilla
15 and /opt/mozilla/mozilla.bin aren't owned by the same person. 8(
16
17 --Jerry
18
19 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
20 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
21 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
22 || than that!