From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Contribute many ebuilds at once
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 07:49:03
2 >>_______________________________________________
3 >>gentoo-dev mailing list
4 >>gentoo-dev@g.o
8 > Marko, I am not answering your question, but I also have
9 > some similar ideas.
10 >
11 > What about a rating system for ebuilds?
12 >
13 > A brand new ebuild would start no votes and no rating
14 > which indicates it is not been thoroughly used and hence
15 > should only be used by those willing to deal with problems.
16 > As more people use the ebuild, they rate it and it gets
17 > more ratings. If the ratings are bad, people will know
18 > to stay away from it. If the ratings are good, people will
19 > known that the ebuild should not have problems.
20 >
21 > I can't think of any reason why this would not work. If anyone
22 > knows of one I would like to hear it.
25 I think it's a good idea, but still there should be a firm barrier
26 from what goes in to "official" distribution and what is
27 in the middle zone. This rating could apply to both but I
28 think its only really useful in the middle zone (purgatory).
29
30 What kind of interface for voting do you have in mind ?
31 (how to vote + how to read the rate. integrate with emerge ... ?)
32
33 Marko