From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:03:29
1 >>>>> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2
3 > But IMO, discussing this now is a kind of premature optimization.
4 > We should try to just do the simple thing (everyone commits to the
5 > main tree), and if there are too many push races we can re-evaluate
6 > the issue. [...]
7
8 And then what? Would returning to CVS be an option?
9
10 I for my part would be strongly opposed against a system that doesn't
11 allow individual devs to push to the tree, and that would involve
12 "merge lieutenants" or anything similar. So I think these issues must
13 be discussed before the transition, otherwise a situation could arise
14 where we were forced to switch to such a system for "technical
15 reasons".
16
17 Ulrich