From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Masterplan for solving LINGUAS problems
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 13:00:29
1 On Tue, 31 May 2016 14:53:36 +0200
2 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Michał Górny schrieb:
5 > > Request changing LINGUAS to L10N
6 > > in make.conf, and make LINGUAS considered an 'advanced variable' for
7 > > implicit localization control (i.e. passed through to build systems).
8 > > Recommend clean INSTALL_MASK solution instead.
9 >
10 > Can we have this change happen (semi-)automatically, via config_protect?
11
12 I don't know. We'd have to bind it to some package then.
13
14 Maybe we should bind it to sys-apps/portage, along with the USE_EXPAND
15 behavior fix. Then users wouldn't directly be affected by LINGUAS
16 removing localizations from all packages.
17
18 > Also, will there be a transition period where users need to have both
19 > variables set?
20
21 I'd rather avoid that, since that prolongs the problem with LINGUAS
22 misbehavior.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>