From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make "sound" a global USE flag?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 18:08:41
1 On 02/07/2011 07:55 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 02/07/2011 03:15 PM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
6 >> +1 with exception that those using USE=sound for libcanberra should be
7 >> split into it's own USE flag called USE=libcanberra
8 >> and USE=sound should be kept for the generic ones
11 > libcanberra describes the means and not the results so we should try to
12 > come up with something else.
13 >
14 > Regards,
15 > Petteri
18 The "means" are commonly used as USE flag names with "result" in USE
19 flag description. Think of "gstreamer", or "xine" for example.
20
21 But I'm open to suggestions...
22
23 Unlike GNOME we have no plans in making libcanberra mandatory for
24 xfce4-settings as it pulls in too much bloat (like gconfd which Xfce
25 doesn't use).