From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Qt3 deprecation
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 05:19:35
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > Dear fellow devs,
3 >
4 > We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Gentoo Qt team
5 > now officially discourages further usage of Qt3. Version 3 is no longer
6 > being developed or supported upstream. All users are strongly encouraged
7 > to use Qt version 4 where applicable.
8
9 Wait a minute. Qt3 is deprecated, but people are still adding new
10 Qt3-based packages to the tree:
11
12 On the 26th, scarabeus added gerix, as seen on our front page p.g.o feed:
13
14 net-wireless/gerix-0.20 Qt3 Based aircrack GUI
15
16 . . . wtf?