From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE Flasg with servers
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:25:31
1 Hello,
2
3 I was wondering why there's no "server" flag for ebuilds such as
4 net-snmp. On debian, you can choose 2 packages : snmp and snmpd, which
5 correspond recpectively to the client and the server part of net-snmp.
6 If I want just snmp tools (like snmpwalk), I have to install of net-snmp.
7
8 Moreover, there's a "minimal" flag in
9 /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc that does not appear in the avaible
10 flags :
11
12 $ cat /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc |grep snmp
13 [snip]
14 net-analyzer/net-snmp:minimal - Installs only the libs/daemons needed to
15 be snmp monitored
16
17 # emerge -av net-snmp
18
19 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
20
21 Calculating dependencies ...done!
22 [ebuild R ] net-analyzer/net-snmp-5.1.1 +X -ipv6 +perl +ssl +tcpd
23 2,907 kB
24
25 Total size of downloads: 2,907 kB
26
27 The problem also occur with openldap.
28
29 regards
30
31 Philippe