From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, openrc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The state and future of the OpenRC project
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 03:14:54
1 All,
2
3 just a quick update.
4
5 I now have a box set up for installing gentoo on it so I will be able to
6 take the lead on OpenRC again.
7
8 I will have that up and running, probably tomorrow, then I also have a
9 medical situation I have to take care of in a couple of weeks.
10
11 I will continue to be intermittently around for a few weeks, but that
12 should all be taken care of soon.
13
14 If you want to help out, the #openrc irc channel is the place to go;
15 that is where most things are done. You do not have to be a gentoo
16 developer to contribute to OpenRC.
17
18 Daniel Robbins assisted me today with tweaking the bios of the box I
19 plan to put Gentoo on so that I can boot it from a cdrom. Also he
20 alerted me to this thread, so that is why I wanted to post this update.
21
22 He will also be becoming a co-maintainer of OpenRC, so you will see
23 commits from him in the tree soon.
24
25 Once I am fully up and running again, I plan to open a ml for OpenRC
26 development.
27
28 Thanks for your patience,
29