From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-commits list lives!
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:00:16
1 On Saturday 08 September 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 08 September 2007, Alec Warner wrote:
3 > > On 9/8/07, Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>:
5 > > > > After much toiling, Infra has finally got the commits list active.
6 > > >
7 > > > Kudos to you all!
8 > > >
9 > > > What we now need is the installation of some kind of peer review. For
10 > > > example add to the recruitment guide a recommendation to watch the
11 > > > recruitee one mentored on the commits mailing list.
12 > > > All other commits should be reviewed. Arch work is normally
13 > > > done in a team and all teams watch each other, so that works quite
14 > > > good, as keywords are done wrong far too often.
15 > > > Any ideas about an efficient way to establish such a process?
16 > >
17 > > Can we see how often the list gets used first? Maybe things will
18 > > improve in the next bit of time and we don't need any extra formal
19 > > process. I have no problem adding to the guide that mentors should
20 > > watch mentees commits (that is technically already required even
21 > > though many do not). I'd rather have a bunch of people pointing out
22 > > problems on commits in an ad-hoc manner than have 'All Commits
23 > > Reviewed(TM)' ;)
24 >
25 > buy Alex a beer
26