From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] dev-lang/icc and dev-lang/ifc candidates for removal
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 20:23:45
1 On Tuesday 10 May 2005 22:11, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > You are correct. However, it might be necessary to patch something that
3 > won't compile with icc, but does compile with gcc. I think this is the
4 > primary reason for the icc USE flag.
5 Isn't tc-* functions there also for this?
6 And anyway, there can be patches which makes something work both with icc and
7 gcc.
8 When I worked a bit with icc, I found out that it was just stricter than gcc,
9 but all the changes needed to be done for icc was right also for gcc (and
10 usually stopped gcc from throw a warning on something).
11 Probably with gcc4 many of the errors are now shared by both compilers as it
12 turned up even more strict than before.
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
16 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
17
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/