From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: net-misc/flexget
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 04:04:29
1 Due to the increased availability of legal streaming sites in the US
2 in recent years, I no longer actively use flexget, and have not
3 updated it since July.
4
5 Getting it synced back up to the latest upstream version would require
6 packaging several additional python libraries, and I don't have the
7 motivation to do so. It is probably easier to run this in a virtualenv
8 anyway.
9
10 Feel free to pick it up. If nobody updates it, I will mask it for
11 removal in a couple months to prevent dependency problems moving
12 forward.
13
14 I have also dropped maintenance of the PyRSS2Gen package, on which
15 flexget depends.