From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] comments on how flamewars are handled elsewhere
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:04:26
1 On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 21:03 +0100, expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
2 > Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.net> wrote:
3 > > Please could you stop attempting to create new threads by replying to
4 > > existing emails to the list? It's considered bad netiquette and
5 > > generally makes new threads difficult to spot. The list is hard enough
6 > > to parse as it is, without this added hindrance.
7 > I did it in order to keep the two different things seperate: The ways other
8 > projects handle such things, and a discussion on what one could do that I
9 > hope might come up (as explained before).
10 > On the other hand, I noticed yet it likely wont, which is something I dislike
11 > to comment on any further now for several reasons, so feel free to forget
12 > about the mails, as they seem to me to have been unwanted. Sorry if so.
13
14 No, what he meant was that if you use your reply button on an existing
15 thread, even if you change the topic, it still appears under the old
16 thread. When starting a new thread, use a new mail, not a reply mail.
17 That's all he meant.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
22 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
23 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
24 Gentoo Foundation