From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium gtk3 support
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:26:51
1 On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 09/10/2015 08:15 PM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
3 >>
4 >> tldr: If the problem is USE flags, let's talk USE flags. If it's
5 >> supporting more than one toolkit in general, I see no reason not to
6 >> let maintainers use their discretion and not force their hand in
7 >> either direction.
10 > We have provided several arguments here repeatedly.
13 Well, right now the status quo is that this is up to maintainers.
14 There is no policy that states otherwise.
15
16 The USE flag issue is on the next council agenda, though I'm not
17 really confident that we'll resolve it in one go - there are only a
18 few days before the meeting. If anybody has concerns about the
19 approach that we take I'd suggest posting them on the thread, but I
20 suspect that most likely the council will go around the circle and
21 assess where everybody generally stands, then propose something more
22 solid for a vote the following meeting (which gives everybody an
23 opportunity to shoot holes it in beforehand).
26 Rich