From: (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:43:23
drobbins@g.o wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 08:57:17AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote: > > > Do you think we need sys-devel/python-basic? I think we can remove it because we > > still have > > dev-lang/python. In opposit to perl, python is not required to build anythin in > > sys so we don't > > need python-basic any longer. > > Yes, I already tried to remove it. But it seems that if you want to remove a directory > tree on CVS, you need to remove the files, then commit, and then remove the directories, > and then commit again. So I'll remove whatever is still left :) >
You misunderstood me. Firt we need the libs for spython in /lib because we need spython at bootup for env-update. Next we need dev-lang/python because we have (optional) dependencies to tcl-tk. Finaly there is no need for sys-devel/python because everything needed for a minimum system is in spython. If you want to use python you can install the version from dev-lang. I made a new kernel package for 2.4.0ac7 because I had alot of kernel crashes last week. I included the new jfs patch but did not configure things. Additionally nvidia-drivers do not work at the moment. If you have some tome avaliable please take a look at it. I installed my sys-rc4-i486 on my K6/II machine and it is really working! Bye Achim
> > -- > Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> > President/CEO > Gentoo Technologies, Inc. > _______________________________________________ > gentoo-dev mailing list > gentoo-dev@g.o >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs drobbins@g.o