From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:21:53
1 On 09-06-2011 18:06:02 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > > > If typos matter then they matter to everybody, and if they don't then
3 > > > we should not care. QA in Gentoo should be a consistent experience.
4 > >
5 > > while the last sentence is true, the first is not. if a minority of
6 > > people care about typos, and/or they rarely fix said typos, then the
7 > > logical answer is that their opinion loses out. it doesnt mean that
8 > > everyone agrees.
9 > > -mike
10 >
11 > you will surely agree then- if a minority of people thinks ebuild
12 > removals should not go into the changelog, their opinion just loses
13 > out. Right?
14 >
15 > Anyway. You and Samuli are at the moment just wasting everyone's time
16 > here.
17
18 Please don't mix threads. This thread is just about what we should do
19 with ChangeLogs (if, and if, how to generate them) not about a
20 particular preference of documenting things or not.
21
22 So far, this thread was reasonably made of constructive, and sort of
23 objective replies. It would be nice, and probably most useful for the
24 council, if we could keep it this way.
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level