From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:45:31
1 On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This right here seems strange to me. What things in stable are
3 > undergoing bitrot? What manner of bitrot? On what architectures?
4
5 Yeah, something slightly more specific would be useful here.
6
7 I run my servers with stable with just a few package.keywords lines
8 for things I trust/follow upstream, and it's generally fine. There
9 doesn't seem to be a whole lot of bitrot, and sometimes if there is I
10 just file stabilization requests and things get better.
11
12 Of course this also depends on your arch a lot; I only run amd64/x86
13 servers, so stabilization is pretty good there.
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Dirkjan