From: Will Rogers <wjr@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] passwd and group files in new baselayout
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:06:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 I didn't get any answer for this in the user list, so I'll try it here.
4 It's a little more dev-related anyway.
5
6 I just merged the new baselayout package, and I have one question:
7
8 The new /etc/passwd, /etc/group, and /etc/shadow files have some
9 different id numbers for different accounts, and one that I added myself
10 (postdrop) is now included, but with a different id than I used. Should
11 I make an effort to change to these new ids, or it not matter? That is,
12 do ebuilds assume certain a uid or gid when installing a package?
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Will Rogers