From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:38:33

On 06/19/10 05:20, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> you're confusing talk and jokes between developers on a particular > private room with tone between members of the global community in public > mediums.
It wasn't #gentoo-roughshit, it was in #gentoo-infra - the place devs go on infra matters. To the outside of Gentoo it may be a private channel, to Gentoo itself it is not (or should not be) a private channel. I can expect proper tone from an infra related channel just like from #gentoo-doc.
> You're also missing an important point that some channels have their own > environment and so one should start by understanding it. Furthermore, > pushing for change and or imposing one's view on an established channel > is not a "nice" way to deal with the residents of that channel. > Another thing you've just done and should be aware of, is that you chose > to air into the public private conservations. When any Gentoo developer > decides to reveal a private discussion in the core ml or some other > private medium into the general public without the other parties > knowledge and or consent, that developer is abusing the other members' > "trust".
If #gentoo-infra bangs their moms the rest of the community deserves to know. I didn't mention names or anything implying specific participants to the outside.
> You have shown to be very attached to this topic, so much so that you've > just blown this completely out of proportion. There was no "foul play" > intended in that conservation
I was more or less told to fuck off if I don't like the tone. This is where I left the channel. How will I be able to tell women on LinuxTag 2010 that we do want women in Gentoo with such tone in #gentoo-infra? Best, Sebastian

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo "Wulf C. Krueger" <wk@×××××××××××.de>