From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: No more stable keywords for Games
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:50:28
1 171118 David Seifert wrote:
2 > As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
3 > games packages, we have dropped all games-* ebuilds to unstable
4 > keywords (modulo those required by stable non-games packages).
5 >
6 > While I accept that this will cause some irritation for the community,
7 > pretending we have a well supported games collection by having a wealth
8 > of stable games packages is misleading at best. By having 99% of games
9 > be unstable, we convey the expectation users should have - namely that
10 > games in Gentoo are not part of crucial Tier 1 packages.
11 >
12 > We welcome contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the games
13 > landscape in Gentoo.
14
15 Isn't this overkill in the absence of widespread bug reports for games ?
16 'Stable' doesn't mean well-maintained,
17 but in the tree for some time & no serious bug reports.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca